The amphoteric type is not a mixture of anionic and cationic types. If the cationic polyacrylamide and anionic polyacrylamide used with reaction will produce precipitation. So zwitterion products are ideal.
The application of amphoteric polyacrylamide--ASIAFLOC AM
Polyaluminium chloride (PAC)
Amphoteric polyacrylamide is a linear polymer formed by ternary copolymerization of cationic monomer, acrylamide monomer and hydrolytic agent. With decolorization, adsorption, turbidity, adhesion and other functions. The product is an amphoteric irregular polymer with both positive and negative charges on the molecular chain. The appearance of the product is white fine particles can be powder solid. The advantage is that it has the use characteristics of general flocculant and has better performance. These flocculants can be used over a wide range of PH values, have higher filter water, lower cake moisture content, and can also be used for strong acid leaching of ores or recovery of valuable metals from acidic catalysts containing metals. The amphoteric type is not a mixture of anionic and cationic types. If the cationic polyacrylamide and anionic polyacrylamide used with reaction will produce precipitation. So zwitterion products are ideal.
Technical specifications of Amphoteric polyacrylamide:
Appearance: white or light yellow granular
Molecular weight: 3-15 million (adjustable)
Degree of hydrolysis: 10-40% (adjustable)
Water insoluble matter: ≤0.2%
88 mm or higher solid content
Cationic degree: 5%-50% (adjustable)
Anion: 10-30% (adjustable)
Residual unit: ≤0.1%
Applications of Amphoteric polyacrylamide
1) Profile control and water plugging agent. Through oilfield tests, the performance of this new amphoteric polyacrylamide profile control and water plugging agent is higher than that of other profile control and water plugging agents with single ion characteristics.
2) the latest model of water treatment agent, when we treat sewage water,the requirements to reduce the surface tension of amphoteric polyacrylamide is far greater than under the same conditions the performance of cation or anion exist alone.we need to use both anionic polyacrylamide and cationic polyacrylamide in order to reduce the surface tension , if use undeserved, it will produce white sediment and Loss of effectiveness. And amphoteric polyacrylamide has the characteristics of amphteric ion, it can complete the coordination and synergy of anion, cation, without any precipitate, especially for the water quality is more complex or water properties often change, the use of amphoteric polyacrylamide as flocculant treatment is more convenient, better effect.
3) sludge dehydrator,.due to the nature of the urban sewage emissions is more and more complex, so the sewage treatment more and more high to the requirement of sludge dewatering agent, single some cationic polyacrylamide in sludge dewatering has some not too orientation, so my company for this kind of situation has developed the amphoteric polyacrylamide sludge dehydrator, After dewatering test and application of various sludge, it is superior to polyacrylamide with single ion characteristics. In particular, the effect of usingamphoteric polyacrylamide to dehydrate sludge from refineries and chemical plants is more prominent.
4) In the paper industry, as a paper chemical, its effect is more single characteristics of PAM can not be compared, especially in the retention, filtration aid can improve the net filtering speed, reduce the loss of fiber filler, has a good effect on the wet part of the system, the smoothness of paper, strength and the difference between the two sides of the promotion and compensation.
5) Used for textile sizing agent. less pulp fall, low fabric breakage rate, stable slurry performance, cloth surface smooth.
In general, amphoteric polyacrylamide is widely used in sludge dewatering fields such as municipal sewage treatment plants, brewery, food factory, tannery, paper mill, petrochemical plant, oil field, metallurgy, chemical industry and cosmetics.